Seeking a talented and motivated Scientist with experience in biomarkers research/translational medicine to support advancement of the company’s pipeline in fibrosis and oncology. The successful candidate will support the biomarker efforts for the clinical program as well as lead the translational efforts to leverage clinical finding toward next generation medicines. The candidate will design and execute experiments, present results internally and externally and manage collaborations and CROs. The ability to effectively communicate across internal multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners is required. Applicants should be outstanding and collaborative team members, terrific communicators, organizers and Scientists.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop fit-for-purpose biomarker assays to measure responses to oncology and fibrosis therapeutics.
- Work closely with Clinical Research teams, Discovery Teams, Collaborators and CROs to develop and test hypotheses that could determine which patients are likely to respond.
- Maintain expertise in the field of relevant biology as it pertains to biomarker discovery and patient outcomes, through keeping abreast of literature, attending relevant meetings, and liaison with external experts in the field.
- Work with contract research organizations and co-ordinate activities and timelines with Development teams to ensure seamless execution of biomarker capabilities to support clinical trials
- Contribute to reports, regulatory submissions and presentations.
- Provide scientific and technical support for multidisciplinary project teams.
- Support pre-clinical research toward developing next generation cancer and fibrosis therapeutics.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Exceptional PhD with relevant experience in translational/biomarker research.
- Demonstrated excellence in oncology and/or fibrosis research through a track record of high impact publications.
- Experience in biomarker development in the pharmaceutical industry or academia.
- Demonstrated success in the integration of preclinical research and clinical drug development.
- Experience with TGF-beta and/or other growth factor pathway inhibitors is a plus.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.