Forbius (Formation Biologics) is a clinical-stage protein engineering company that designs, develops, and commercializes biotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. With offices in Canada and USA, Forbius is a rapidly growing, science-driven company with dynamic culture and priorities.
We are currently looking for a multi-skilled Sample Manager and Biobank Coordinator to join our growing team in Montréal. In collaboration with our preclinical, translational and clinical teams, the incumbent will be in charge of sample management associated to our preclinical and clinical programs.
- Optimize our sample management system
- Maintain and update sample inventory lists
- Perform sample management system maintenance and quality control
- Perform and coordinate biospecimen reception and shipments
- Assist with biospecimen storage and cataloging
- Prepare reports on completed tasks
- Complete other related tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or director
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Life Sciences or a related field
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in either clinical or healthcare environment as a sample or lab manager position
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across several teams and sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with sample management software would be an asset
- Working knowledge of and experience with basic laboratory techniques would be an asset