The Project Manager reports to the Associate Director of Alliances and Program Management who manages the drug development programs and the associated cross-functional teams. This position requires project management responsibilities and includes the development of tools and processes to facilitate the coordination of the team. The position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team for the development of new therapies for cancer and orphan diseases
- Support the team in:
- Managing project schedules and scope, tracking all internal and external tasks required to meet project milestones
- Keeping up to date internal action items and other trackers
- Writing and circulating agendas and minutes
- Managing the cross functional project team’s schedule and task assignments
- Preparing or reviewing presentations and documentation for external meeting
- Document all requirements and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Facilitate and contribute to the process of organizing project documentation.
- Travel to vendor sites to attend meetings
- Supports the Austin office in administrative tasks as requested (e.g., filing, data entry in logs, conference call invites, etc.)
- Communicates milestones and report progress for the projects
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in a scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular or Cellular Biology or related field), and a minimum of 1 year related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross- functional team.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with a high regard for integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while continually demonstrating high levels of interpersonal versatility within diverse populations
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build relationships and establish credibility appropriately
- Self-reliant and results oriented. Drive balanced with patience
- Ability to prioritize and successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe, etc
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.